Floral Overload

May 1, 2022


It's a new month and the beginning of a new monthly challenge over on the Poppystamps Blog. This month it is all about flowers, gardens and butterflies. I really leaned into this theme by using some floral washi tape and scads of flowers from just one really useful die.

I started with a piece of Open Studio watercolor paper. I didn't need it for watercolor, I just needed a not-too-white piece of heavy cardstock and it was handy. I covered it with Memory Box 4.5" Sunset Blush Wide Washi tape which made a nice (ironically) watercolor looking floral background. I wanted to bring out some of the colors in the washi tape so I chose Stampin' Up's Pear Pizzaz and used the Poppystamps Scalloped Stitch frame dies to cut out a scalloped frame. To tone down the floral pattern but not obscure it completely, I backed the frame with some Oplymio Thick Vellum I purchased on Amazon recently. I knew I wanted to mat the washi tape panel, so I trimmed a quarter inch off the top and one side and glued it onto a Pear Pizzazz card base. Next, I adhered the vellum frame to the center of the washi tape panel. 



Next came the big floral overload. I used the new Poppystamps Flower Field Corner die and cut it from SU Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Coral, and another color which might be Grapefruit Grove. I'm not sure. I did this to try to match the colors in the washi tape. I trimmed the flowers here and there to make them individuals and layered some on top of each other. I glued different bunches on the four corners of the frame and added a few Poppystamps Autumn Fairy Jewels to some of the centers.

Last, came the sentiment. I simply love script die cut words and the Luscious Script Hugs die from Poppystamps is real winner. I cut it from Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla and then cut the matching shadow from SU's Calypso Coral. I adhered it to the card with foam adhesive to add dimension. Finally, I wanted to add "Sending" to the sentiment so as to make this a sympathy card. I printed it from my PC on cardstock using a laser printer and cut it out and glued it down. 

Do you enjoy adding a lot of flowers? just a few? only one? Let me know in the comments.

Post a Comment