Lighthearted Leaves & two kinds of embossing

August 3, 2021

I love the visual imagery of leaves. Whether it is spring, summer or that magical time of year when leaves are like movie stars - fall - leaves can fit in so many cards and scrapbook layouts. I am entering this card into two challenges: My Favorite Things Camp Create 2021 Day 3 Emboss Resist Challenge, and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with the birthday theme. I heat embossed the leaf with clear powder and brushed on a coat of water, then did a wash of very watered down watercolor from my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. After that was dry, I went back with a paintbrush and added in the darker spots. I adore watercolor on any card. 


CS: Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight 80lb, 8.5x11" Gold metallic cardstock (unnamed with kraft back from the craft store), Stampin' Up! Seaside Spray; Watercolor paper: Canson XL cold press watercolor paper
Ink: Versamark, Delicata Golden Glitz Pigment Ink (love this stuff so much)
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Just Sayin, Lighthearted Leaves by Stampin' Up! 
Embossing: Leaf folder: Darice, Clear detail powder by Stampin' Up!
Watercolor: Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in Dull Blue and Olive Green and other colors. 
Dies: Stampin' Up! Leaflets Framelits
Embellishment: Gold twine from craft store 



2 comments

  1. This is so pretty, especially the pops of watercolour on the leaf - I've just had my Zigs out for the watercolour challenge. Definitely makes it a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete