Happy Bird-day!

August 5, 2021


I just love this stamp set from My Favorite Things (MFT). Stacey Yacula is an amazing illustrator and it's impossible not to fall in love with her characters. These Tweet Friends are celebrating a bird-day with their song. I stamped the birds on Gina K cardstock and colored the birds with some Spectrum Noir and Dick Blick alcohol markers. I would love to own more Copics, but I use what I got. I fussy cut them and placed them on a stitched die cut circle. I sponged ink through a sunburst stencil onto more Gina K paper, adhered the circle and popped up the birds. The celebrate was cut with my Cameo Silhouette and then stacked with yellow cardstock beneath it. I embellished with more tiny stamps from the same set and then some sequins. 





CS: Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight 80lb, SU Slate Gray, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight (under celebrate)
Stamp Set: Tweet Friends by MFT
Markers: Spectrum Noir, Dick Blick and Copic
Die: Circle is from SU Stitched Shapes set
Stencil: homemade starburst
Ink: Memento Black, Daffodil Delight
Patterned Paper: double sided, unknown
Sentiment is die cut by Silhouette machine using Bebas Neue font, computer printed using the font KG What Does the Fox Say
Sequins: Amazon

8 comments

  1. Adorable! Perfectly designed card, and so well made. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE those musical birds and the pun is bird-tastic (ok... I know that was bad...) Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Double Trouble. Tweet birdies... love the stenciled background and great coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Truble and 2CCC and please come back for future fun challenges with Thing 1, 2 and 3 at Double Trouble

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much. Your coloring is fabulous and I love that you built on that stenciled background, with some fabulous layers and textures. Great job! Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critters and I hope you'll play with us again soon.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully blended background, such an adorable set of birds! Thanks for playing along at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete