Harvest Mouse Happiness

October 24, 2021



I was so excited to get the Harvest Mouse My Favorite Things Stamp and Die set in the mail. I won a gift card from them a while back (random draw!) and finally took advantage of a sale to snag this utterly adorable set. I was using both a color challenge and a sketch challenge to guide me into a design. 

I stamped with Versafine Black Ink on watercolor paper and heat set it for just a few seconds. Then I used my dear Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers along with a tiny paint brush dipped in water to color in the image. The inside of the ear was originally gray and I went back with a pink color later. I added white dots to the vest with a white gel pen. I added a sentiment up top. I die cut the mouse, leaves and the frame and backed the frame with a piece of lightweight text paper (I'm a sucker for text paper anywhere). I added the olive green strip which I stamped with the same color ink and mounted everything onto a kraft card. Can't wait to use the rest of this sweet set. 

Ingredients

CS: Dark olive green CS unknown, lighter green is Stampin' Up! Old Olive, kraft is Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Canson XL Watercolor Paper

Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up! Newsprint Designer Series Paper (retired)

Stamps: Harvest Mouse by My Favorite Things

Dies: Poppystamps Double Scalloped Stitched Frames & MFT Harvest Mouse dies

Ink: Versafine Black ink, Old Olive (stamped off)

Color: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers 

Punch: I used a Fiskars Hexagon Punch to make the fishtail on the sentiment strip.

Challenges: Make the Cards Challenge #38, Freshly Made Sketches #508 and Just Add Ink #577

8 comments

  1. Love this sweet harvest mouse! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little mouse! I love you have the leaves fluttering around. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and FABULOUS design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sweet! Your little mouse in blooms image is adorable. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the cutest stamp sets, love how you paired it with the newsprint. Thank you for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! I just love this cute little mouse and the newsprint background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little card - looks like he's having lots of fun. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love the text background. Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete