Festive Farmhouse Christmas Card

December 5, 2021

I'm a big fan of the farmhouse look, the rustic charm characterized by simple materials and a good amount of white space. Visit any craft store, furniture store, or my living room and you'll see how popular it is. At Christmas, this style means buffalo plaid, wicker or wire baskets, unvarnished wood, bottle brush trees, and more plaid. 


Today, I am over on the Poppystamps blog with this farmhouse-styled card. With some black and red check paper in my stash, I started working on a farmhouse Christmas card. I used the Double Joy Die set and cut the background from the check paper. Woodgrain Kraft Paper was the perfect choice to create the outline. It *really* looks like wood. I wanted to set this off from the background but still use a woodgrain background, so I reached for the same paper but in the Cream color (also comes in white). Then I wanted to add something below the O to give it some texture and softness. I used the holly leaves and berries from another die set. I finished off the card by layering kraft paper, red paper and yep, more plaid beneath that. I was very happy with how it turned out and it was easy to make.

Ingredients:

CS: Poppystamps Woodgrain Paper in Kraft and Cream, Stampin' Up! Real Red, Very Vanilla (card base only) and Crumb Cake, Memory Box Lush Green 6x6 Paper Pack, 

Patterned Paper: Memory Box Woodsy Plaid 6x6 pack (brown plaid), Red and black check by The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby

Dies: Poppystamps Cabin Snowglobe Pop Up Easel Card Die Set, Double Joy Die Set


1 comment