Roses All Over the Year

March 6, 2022


I just love the My Favorite Things Roses All Over stamp. It's elegant and so very flexible. I decided to enter the MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge #583 (#MFTWSC583) with it. I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper and then watercolored four different squares with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to have them represent the four seasons. 



I backed each of the watercolors with solid colored cardstock from Stampin' Up! and my stash. I then used my Silhouette to cut out four seasonal symbols from Memory Box glitter paper. I trimmed the glitter cut outs to make them fit into the cardstock "frames." Finally, I printed out my sentiment from my PC and adhered it with foam tape. It's a simple sketch, but kind of tricky as I typically don't look for ways to pull apart my card elements, but rather ways to push them together. 

Have you ever made a "four seasons" card? What did you use to represent the seasons?

Post a Comment