St. Patrick's Day Card

March 13, 2022


It's not too late to enter the Poppystamps March Challenge with the theme of Pretty Papers. I used five different types of specialty paper and cardstock to make this shamrock card. I started with Poppystamps Whittle Hearts die set to cut three large hearts from a sheet of Memory Box Lush Green 6x6 paper pad. Then I used the smaller heart in that set to cut three hearts from the Memory Box Festive 6x6 glitter pad. 


I needed a stem, next. I could have hand cut this, but I thought of a way to get a nice curved stem. I nested two dies from the Poppystamps Basic Ovals die set and taped them together before I ran it through my Big Kick. 



I ended up with a funky shape that I could trim to make a perfectly curved stem. 

For my background, I used the largest scalloped die in the Poppystamps Double Scalloped Stitched Frames die set to cut a pale blue pearly piece from the Memory Box Vintage Pastel Mirror 6x6 pad. Then I cut a piece of black and white striped paper from the My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes 6 x 6 Paper Pad, a piece of vellum, and a piece of pale blue polka dotted paper from the My Favorite Things Poppin' Polka Dots 6 x 6 Paper Pad. I layered these one on top of another inside the pearly blue frame. I realized I needed another piece of the striped paper to sit further down behind my shamrock so I cut that too, and hid the cut behind the vertical pieces of black and white that I used to frame my sentiment strip. Following a card layout I saw on Pinterest by the one and only Inge Groot, I put the computer-generated sentiment strip on the right side of the black-and-white matted frame. I glued everything in place on my cardfront. For the final touch, I added a threaded green button in the middle of the shamrock.

Only four more days until St. Patrick's Day. This card is for a particular family member that enjoys celebrating this day due to her strong Irish heritage.

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? If so, how do you celebrate?

Post a Comment