Navy + Coral Floral Sympathy Card

May 12, 2022


The newest release from Poppystamps is all kinds of wonderful. It's full of butterflies, florals of every size and shape with lots of detail, and big fun things like ice cream and cake. And stamps! Big, flourish-y sentiments with matching dies that work wonders on everything. I'm kinda smitten. Can ya tell?



For this card I wanted a darker background and chose Misty Moonlight Stampin' Up! blue cardstock in order to show off a slew of flowers I colored with Copic markers (E00, R14, R30, R32, YG61, YG63, G94) and an old Marvy Uchida Liquid Gold Opaque paint pen. I used many of the flowers and leaves from the Poppystamps Floral Cake Pop Up Easel die. You get so much bang for your buck with this die set. I also used the Layered Lovely Flowers and the Layered Fringe Flowers die sets. After I'd cut a lot of flowers and leaves out of white Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock, I colored everything with the markers and the paint pen. I used a flower shaping tool from Heartfelt Creations (borrowed from my friend - Thanks, Julia!) on a foam mat in order to make the petals and the leaves curl up. I really liked this effect.

Next I stamped my sentiment from Poppystamps Say It Big clear stamp and die set onto the same blue cardstock and heat embossed it with Ink on 3 Gold Rush Ultra-Fine Embossing Powder. I die cut it with the matching shadow die.



I wanted to mat my card front onto another piece of the same Misty Moonlight cardstock. Using the same navy for everything allowed all my other colors to really pop. I adhered my sentiment with foam adhesive and then placed my flowers down around it. I glued the flowers down, leaving some space around them. Next, I picked through my green leaves and glued them in and around the florals. Finally, I attached Poppystamps Autumn Fairy Jewels to many of the flower centers. 

Since I don't need it right now, this will be a sympathy card. It's always important to have those on hand and NOT have to make them when the need arises and you find it hard to concentrate on crafting. 

Post a Comment