A Teal Ice Cream Slimline Card

June 11, 2022


I'm on the Poppystamps blog today with an extra large scoop of die cutting. The Grand Whittle Ice Cream Cone die is full of great etched detail as well as a cute stitched look on the edges. It cries out for a slimline card to stack up the scoops.
I knew I wanted to incorporate watercolor, so I used watercolor paper and colored five pieces using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in 5 different turquoise and teal shades. I did some blending of a darker shade on the bottom of each piece. Lastly, I watercolored a piece the shade of a delicious sugar cone. I used the die set and cut my five scoops and one cone. To finish the look of the ice cream, I used my White Gel Signo pen to add a highlight to each scoop. Next, I took a 3" x 8" piece of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Solar White cardstock and lightly flicked on some of the same turquoise watercolor from two of the pens (I added water to the color first). Then, I adhered my cone and all five scoops with foam adhesive onto the splattered card panel. I mounted this to a 3.25" x 8.25" piece of Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay cardstock and then adhered this to a 3.5" x 8.5" card base. 


I stamped the Cone-gratulations sentiment from the Poppystamps Life is Sweet stamp set in black onto a slip of white cardstock and cut each end at an angle. I adhered that to the cone. For the final flourish, I adhered some iridescent and turquoise sequins. I think a sweet, great nephew of mine will like this for his birthday. 

Post a Comment