Bunches of Butterflies

June 20, 2022





I'm a sucker for butterflies on cards and this is the evidence. I started work using a premade watercolor background. It was just an abstract painting with a few colors of bright pink ink. Next, I used the new Stained Glass Butterfly Collage die, which is a single large die, to cut out the butterfly "windows" from a piece of  Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110lb white cardstock. You can see the watercolor beneath. 


I was really taken with the three tiny butterflies towards the bottom of the die. I had a premade ink-blended background of Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides. I cut only the lower half of the die so I could pop out the three tiny yellow butterflies. I adhered the watercolor beneath the cut out panel.


Next I wanted a bright pink butterfly outline. I was working on the card away from home and didn't have bright pink cardstock with me. No problem. I sponged Picked Raspberry Distress Ink onto a square of thick white cardstock and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Large Stained Glass Butterfly. I cut out the coordinating background of this die from the white pearl paper inside the Poppystamps Vintage Pastel 6x6 Mirror paper pad. Finally, I cut the body of the butterfly from Stampin' Up! Soft Suede cardstock. I adhered these three together down the center only so the outline could lift off the pearl background.


I saw a card online with flowers added to butterfly wings, so I decided to do the same. I cut the smallest flowers from the same yellow ink-blended background using the Potpourri Flower Set and the Petite Blooms Flower Set. The Stampin' Up! Old Olive and Lucky Limeade green leaves are from the Floral Cake Pop Up Easel die set. I stacked two flowers for each bloom and glued a brown enamel dot (Amazon) in the center of each. 


I adhered these to the butterfly and then used foam adhesive to glue the flowers to the butterfly. I adhered the white panel to a Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo card base. Finally, I added a premade sentiment strip along with the 3 tiny yellow butterflies to the card.

1 comment

  1. Just love this card! The butterflies are gorgeous & such a great design!

    ReplyDelete