A Pinned Valentine

January 13, 2023


Today's your lucky day! Even though it's Friday, the 13th, I'm serving up this colorful, glittery Valentine's card. I started with Poppystamps' new Vintage Scalloped Heart die set. I love that this comes with 2 dies: the heart with the 'sunburst' slits in it, and the bigger scalloped heart background. 


I cut the heart from fine, red glitter paper by Core 'dinations, and contrasted that with a brushed gold cardstock for the scalloped shadow.

 


I wanted something different for the background so I turned to my trusty Distress Spray Stains and created a background on watercolor paper with Speckled Egg, Salvaged Patina, and Frayed Burlap. For a final touch, and to tie in the brushed gold look, I spritzed my paper with Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray. I cut that piece down just a bit and matted it on the piece of brushed gold cardstock I used to cut the scalloped heart from - yay for no waste. I glued this onto a Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla card base.




I also wanted a unique way to attach a sentiment. I decided on some recent Tim Holtz Ideology purchases - the Hearts Adornments and the Mini Pins. I stamped the You are the Sweetest from the Poppystamps Colorful Life stamp set on a piece of vanilla cardstock with Versafine black ink, cut it out, and then rounded all four corners. I punched a tiny hole in the top left corner and ran the safety pin with the dangling heart on it through the hole. To add just a little red, I added three tiny gems from the Poppystamps Christmas Fairy Jewels set. I decided to use my trusty foam adhesive to give dimension both under the heart and under the sentiment.

I like to send about a dozen cards for Valentine's Day. Do you send out Valentine's? To whom?

Post a Comment