A Mini Slimline Valentine

January 22, 2023


I just love both slimline and mini slimline cards. It was a few years ago when I discovered the mini slimline format and swooned with how sweet and simple they could be, while not incurring extra postage (unlike square cards). 


I created this card with the Soaring Tree Frame from Poppystamps. It is adorable and oh-so flexible on regular, slimline or mini slimline cards. Here I used it as the centerpiece on a mini slimline Valentine. First, I cut the tree frame out with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb cardstock. Next, I wanted some small hearts to look like the leaves of the tree. I found exactly what I was looking for in the Poppystamps Whittle Adorable Kitty Kit. One of the included dies cuts both a small and a large "whittle" heart. I cut a lot of these out from a big variety of Stampin' Up! pink and coral cardstock. I also used 2 pieces of pearlescent cardstock from the Memory Box Vintage Pastel Mirror Pad - the 6 x 6" pad has both shiny, mirror paper and pearlescent paper in the same color. I have a great 6 x 6" paper pad by My Mind's Eye called Lost & Found in blush. In it, I found some beige, dotted paper and some pink, gingham paper and decided on those for a background.





After making all my die cuts, I used foam tape on the back of the Soaring Tree Frame and attached it to the dotted paper that I had cut to the same size. Next, I added all my hearts, minus the one on the sentiment. I used tweezers to get things just in the right spot. I adhered a rectangle of the gingham paper to a blush pink cardbase and then adhered the framed tree with hearts to the front. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Whittle Adorable Kitty Kit with Memento Black ink on a piece of scrap white cardstock and cut it with angled edges as shown, leaving a bit extra on the right end to glue the final heart. I attached the sentiment and the last tiny heart to the front.

Small valentine cards are so much fun to make, but probably more fun to send. 

Post a Comment