Three Sweet Pandas

April 29, 2023


There aren't many cuter images than panda bears to put on a card front. I used the Poppystamps' Whittle Panda Pickup Kit to put together this slimline card. The panda bear die is a single solid die that cuts out 4 different panda bears with etch marks on them. To make black and white pandas, you will have two choices. You can cut the pandas from white cardstock and take a black pen or marker and color the ears, eye area, nose, shoulders, arms and legs. I found this pretty tricky to do no matter what marker I used, so I tried another method. 


I cut the bears from both black and white cardstock and then carefully trimmed off portions of the white bear and glued them on the black bear. I used a black marker to color the nose and the eyeball only. Once I got going using an Exacto knife to remove the eye ring and scissors on the rest of the bear, this became very easy to do. For a final touch, I added a bit of pink blush with an R30 Copic marker.

I used the bamboo die from the kit to cut out 2 colors of green bamboo. I glued parts of this together to create longer bamboo plants. I glued the bamboo onto a white cardstock panel measuring 3.25" x 8.5". I used a YG Copic marker to draw in some grass at the bottom of the bamboo.



Next, I placed my sweet little bear cubs in the bamboo, as though they'd climbed up it. Then I cut two balloons with a die from the kit. I ran two pieces of black thread from one panda's hand up towards the top of the card and taped it in place with a tiny piece of washi. Next, I glued the balloons over the tape. The bottom of the threads are barely secured in place, so I might need a dot of glue later on.

My next step was to glue this panel onto a slimline cardfront measuring 3.5 x 8.5". I had already glued strips of black and white striped paper from My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes 6x6 pad to the right edge of this cardfront to give it a nice  striped accent.

Finally, I added a sentiment using  a stamp from the kit, and backed it with a small piece of cardstock the same color as the balloons. I adhered this with foam tape,

This is a fun kit to play with. It also includes a cute pickup truck and a wagon. A great value of a die and stamp kit. 

Post a Comment