A Quartet for Mother's Day

May 7, 2023


With Mother's Day fast approaching, I wanted to put Tim Holtz's Floral Outlines stamp set by Stampers Anonymous to the test. I was eager to combine this with some Lindy's Magicals I had just recently received.


I first used four 4.5 x 6" panels of Canson XL watercolor paper and sprinkled it with 1-2 colors of Lindy's Magical Powders (if you haven't tried these yet, you are *truly* missing something). I used combinations including Cape Cod Coral, Salt Water Taffy, and Clam Bake Beige all from the Nantucket Shimmer Magicals set of 5. I also used Rizzo's Rowdy Red from the Go Greased Lightnin' set of Flat Magicals (no shimmer, but plenty of magic) by itself on one card. After the powder was on the card, I spritzed it with water and let the colors do their thing mixing around on the paper. In a couple of cases, I added a bit more powder. 




I sprinkled 1-2 magicals onto my watercolor paper with a dry paintbrush, then spritzed with water to make them come alive. When I had the colors the way I liked them on each of my 4 panels, I dried them with my Ranger Heat Tool. I absolutely love the line art that is the Tim Holtz Floral Outlines stamp set. After my panels were dry, I brushed on anti-static powder (happy this did not dull my watercolor) and stamped this trio of stamps onto my paper with Versamark. For the three pink backgrounds, I used Inkon3's Gold Rush Ultra Fine Embossing Powder to heat emboss with. For the red background, I used Taylored Expression's White Fine Detail Embossing Powder.




Next, I die cut the panels into stitched rectangles with my Paper Rose Nested Stitched Rectangles dies. I chose some solid colored cardstock to match each panel to make my cardbases. Then, I used my Spellbinder's Layered Script Sentiments by Yana Smakula to cut a 'happy' from both black glossy cardstock by Poppystamps, and gold vellum from my stash. The shadow outlines are cut from the same watercolor paper. I adhered these onto my watercolor panels with foam tape, and then computer printed 'Mother's Day' in pink to glue on top.

Finally, on two of my pink cards, I used dots of Nuvo's Crystal Drops in Morning Dew (crystal clear) as embellishments. On the third pink card I used these same Nuvo Drops to glue down iridescent and light pink sequins. On my red card, I used iridescent sequins in light and vivid pink. 

I am entering these cards at the As You See It Challenge #298 using my new Lindy's Gang. I'm also entering at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #568, and Just Us Girls #678

8 comments

  1. These are all gorgeous - O so loved reading your methods here, those coloring Magicals look fascinating! Beautiful embossing, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, those Lindy's Magical Powder are amazing. You got beautiful results. I'll bet you're glad you added them to your stash! and that floral outline stamp works so well with the different backgrounds. Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful suite of cards! The powder does work it's magic and each background compliments that gorgeous stamp! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors and the white embossing is just as stunning as the gold one! Thanks for adding another creative card to our gallery this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! My favorite is the first one--the black sentiment just really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet all of your cards are fabulous - I especially love the rich pink tones of the first one. Your watercolourbackgrounds are so artsy - fabulous. Thanks for playing with your new goodies over at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wow! Love all of these cards. The richness of the colours is fantastic. These magical powders are just as described and are a great addition to the tool box! Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It .

    ReplyDelete