Love is in the Air

February 5, 2024


Whew! January was a wild ride. Briefly, my daughter got married January 26 and I was the wedding planner. It wasn't an easy job, but everything went off without a hitch. 

On to Valentine's Day! I love making Valentine cards because I love the color schemes that include plenty of pinks, reds and purples with lots of white thrown in. 



I've made 15 different cards with Simon Says Stamp's Outline Love wafer die set and the Heart to Heart Background cling stamp. This combo is so much fun. I love all the different combinations of die cut inlay you can do with the die. I also put my Sizzix Sticky Grid paper to the test by cutting out the word LOVE and one of the dies from the Paper Rose Stitched Rectangles set all at the same time.




 

First I heat embossed the background stamp with Brutus Monroe's excellent Alabaster embossing powder. Then, I used the dip and dry technique with a combination of Tim Holtz's Spray Stains and his Mica Sprays for most of my backgrounds. I used SO many and had a blast. That Mica Spray really gives a pop of glimmer where you need it. 




The You die is also from Simon Says Stamp. My embellishments are from my stash. And the cute Valentine cookie cutters are from my friend, Kristen. 

Post a Comment