Dash Away All

December 20, 2023



My favorite Christmas make this season. I used the 2021 Die-cember die from Simon Says Stamp and Tim Holtz called Dash Away All. I die cut it from from heavyweight black cardstock. I liberally blended two Distress Oxide inks in Uncharted Mariner and Tumbled Glass on Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White. I spritzed a very small amount of water on the inked panel to make it look like stars. Next, I flicked silver watercolor paint onto the panel from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry watercolor set.




I used the other dies in the same set to cut out the moon and the stars from the background. Then I made a cardbase from the same Neenah cardstock and adhered a piece of Stampin' Up!'s So Saffron yellow cardstock to it in a size smaller than my inked panel. I popped up the black Santa and sleigh with foam adhesive and adhered it in place, then used the same adhesive to pop up the entire panel over the So Saffron cardstock on the front of the card.

Finally, I heat embossed Merry Christmas from Taylored Expressions Modern Holiday Greetings with white embossing powder on black cardstock (always tricky for me). I trimmed the sentiment and adhered it with foam adhesive.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday season and a wonderful and relaxing New Year.

Post a Comment