A Big Butterfly and Another Slimline

March 6, 2024



I guess I am on a roll. I decided to make yet another slimline, mixed media card featuring a big butterfly. This time it is a stamp called Big Butterfly (really) by Impression Obsession. My other ingredients for this card were Distress Oxide Inks in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans. I stamped on the oxides with Tim Holtz's Ledger Script stamps using his Archival ink in Black Soot. Then I applied a thin coat of gesso over what I had. I stamped with the Tim Holtz Field Notes stamp set in both Archival gray and black. I die cut the film strip from black cardstock. I stamped the butterfly stamp onto Bristol Smooth paper with black to get the sharpest image I could. Then I used Distress inks in Dusty Concord and Stormy Sky to get the purple I used to paint on the butterfly.



I made a giant mess splattering the filmstrip, cardbase and butterfly with Distress White Paint (I am splatter impaired). I stamped Tim Holtz's Floral Outlines stamp set onto heavy vellum paper with Versamark and embossed using Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder. I tore a strip of that to go under the butterfly. I computer printed the saying which I found on Pinterest and cut it out in strips. I used foam tape to glue it over a white thread nest. 

I matted the entire thing onto black cardstock. This is another card going out to a young female relative. 

I am entering this card at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the Stamping Sensations challenge, the Creative Artiste Challenge, and the We Love Stamping Challenge., and the We Love to Create Challenge and also the Triple B challenge


4 comments

  1. Janet, this is lovely! Your choice of colors and images give this an ethereal quality. Nicely done!! I also feel splatter challenged. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours card is beautifully done with the blends of different stamps and inks, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful Janet. I love the big butterfly, the cool watercolor splashes and the filmstrip. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning slimline card! I love your layered design and the beautiful butterfly 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete