A Scruffy Dog with Stamps by Judith & Heather

June 29, 2024

Whew, June has been a whirlwind. My family was in Denver on June 1 for my niece's lovely wedding. I've attended a scrapbooking convention in Denton, TX and had a fun four days with some dear friends from high school, most recently. 


A little family-run stamp company (at least 35 years old) called Stamps by Judith & Heather is always at these conventions. They make hand-drawn stamps that are all meant for scene building. Many of their stamps are woodblock, especially the small ones that are mounted on the end of a wooden dowel - you know, peg stamps, also known as "stubbies." The fact that you can mix and match hundreds of different images (lots of florals, animals, cute containers, insects, scenery and more) is what makes their stamps so unique and fun. 


You can find some of their videos on Facebook and some older ones on YouTube. The stamping goes FAST, which is fun. Heather does ALL her coloring on 22lb copy paper (later glued to cardstock) and then colors with Tombow water-based markers and a blender pen. 




The first time I bought some of her stamps -- I think it was 2018 -- I didn't know what to do, except for a big Mason jar stamp (which I have filled with images like M&M's). Now, I am much better at Copic coloring, so when I saw the plethora of stamps I could color at her booth last week, I went all in. 



I used a scruffy dog, grass, a tin bucket, leaves, mushrooms, a small green plant, a pumpkin and a little heart to build my scene. I used Post-It masking with the bucket, dog, pumpkins and mushrooms to make them appear layered like I wanted. I colored with Copics, Spectrum Noir markers and Dick Blick alcohol ink markers. I added the dots line at the end and added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip along with a tiny strip of Stampin' Up's Poppy Parade CS, with a Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz in the left top corner. 



Cardstock was Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110lb, plus Stampin' Up's Mossy Meadow. I die cut the card front panels with mini slimline dies by Popsicle Sticks from Etsy. Rest assured, I'll be using more and more of these stamps on my cards. 




I am entering this card at Addicted to Stamps & More #471, The Outlawz Challenges, and Double Trouble. 





5 comments

  1. Hi Tina, this is so beautiful!!! Could you tell me in which Outlawz challenge you entered this card? Because you first need to enter in one of our challenges before you can enter it in our site wide linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable scene created in your slimline... adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I LOVE how you combined all these stamps to create such a fun scene! I smiled as soon as I saw it and imagined a story behind it. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, your coloring talented and your card with us at Double Trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about these stamps and the fun you had with the stamping gathering! Your built up scene is perfection. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous scene you've created. Great job with the alcohol markers. That pup seems to know where its going. I love the offset banners. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete