Dry Embossing has its Day

May 22, 2024



I made a wedding card for a family member marrying in June. I used a Crafter's Companion (Gemini)  embossing folder that I believe is called Flourish & Linen with 80lb white cardstock. I was able to emboss this with my Sizzix Big Shot by lightly spritzing the cardstock with water, using the multipurpose platform (red tab only down), then the embossing folder, then a silicon mat, then a top cutting plate only. I bartered for this folder when I found a friend owned it. It’s both elegant and a bit boho at the same time.



I used quite a bit of retired Stampin’ Up! materials on this card. The stamp is from So Sentimental and the matching label die is one from the Tasteful Labels die set. The cardstock used for the flowers is Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, and Old Olive. The dark rose mat is actually Red Rose designer series paper from many years ago.

The flower dies are all from the Poppystamps’ Floral Pop Up Easel Set. I stamped the sentiment with Memento black ink and popped it up with foam tape.

Post a Comment