Simon Says Stamp Coffee with Friends Pop Up Card

July 23, 2026


    The delightful Coffee with Friends* from the new 2026 Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness release is full of adorable images to color, and great, easy-to-use sentiments (even if you’re a tea drinker).

    I decided to create a pop up card using the excellent instructions from Jennifer McGuire’s YouTube video “Easy Pop-up Frame Cards” from September 2023. My base is a pale peachy-pink cardstock measuring 4.25” x 9.5”. I scored both short ends at .25”, 1”, and 2”. I used a pink ink and a Pinkfresh Studio large blending brush to stencil over the Lawn Fawn Brick stencil in the middle of the card base. My ‘floor’ is a kraft cardstock that is scored at every .5” to give the sense of a wood plank floor (I decided not to make this wood effect more prominent to not distract from the rest of the scene). I edged the floor pieces with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.



    I folded the card base along the scorelines and then, using 2 Paper Rose nested rectangle dies (I don’t see these for sale anywhere, so I’ve linked to an almost identical Hero Arts set), I die cut 2 identical frames (gluing them together for strength) from Taylored Expressions Papaya cardstock. I adhered a small strip of the inked kraft ‘floor’ to the back of the frame. Next, following Jennifer’s instructions, I applied liquid glue to this frame and floor piece on the left and right edges only and adhered it to the .25” scored edge on the left and right of the cardbase.

    On to the critters, and the sweet accessories like the chair, table, vase and counter/cupcake stand. They’re adorable. I stamped with my new favorite black ink, Gina K Amalgam black ink on Neenah Classic Crest cover stock 110lb. I colored them with Copic markers, some Dick Blick Studio Brush alcohol markers and some Spectrum Noir markers. Here is my list of Copics: E31, E33, E35, E40, E41, E43, E44, E47, E11, E13, E15, C0, N0, R00, R20, R32, B0000, BG70, BG72, BG75, YR00, YG61, YG63, G94, B41, B45, B21. Feel free to email me or message me via Instagram for more details or to learn which Dick Blick markers I used. I used a white Gelly Roll pen to highlight all the images I colored.

    I fussy-cut all the animals (didn’t have the dies). The Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors are a game changer for detailed cutting. I don’t use them for big edges that are easy to cut with small scissors, but for areas like under an arm, between legs, around a stem. If you don’t have a set of these, put them on your wish list now. I carefully edged the cut images with a small or bullet-tipped black felt marker. The pen has to be held behind the cut piece so if you slip, you only mark on the backside. Jennifer McGuire gave this same tip in the video I referenced above.

    I glued all the critters into place as shown, providing some depth using foam adhesive in places. I heat embossed my sentiment with Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder on brown cardstock and glued it on.

    This card will flatten to fit into an A2 envelope. 


Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. This means I may receive a small commission when you click through and shop using the links I provide. This helps support me in creating and posting my crafts. Items marked with an asterisk * at first mention were provided by a store or manufacturer. Otherwise, all items were purchased by me.

Post a Comment