Coffee with Friends Love You card

July 24, 2026



    This card was inspired by one of my favorite card makers, Inge Groot. I used the wonderful Coffee with Friends* stamp set from the new Every Happiness release from Simon Says Stamp. I Copic colored the bear and the tree using E41, E43, E44, Y15, YR04, C0, B41, B45, G94, YG61, YG63, YR00. The remaining colors I used were Dick Blick Brush Markers and Spectrum Noir markers. I highlighted everything using a Gelly Roll white pen.




    I used an old Sizzix Swiss Dot embossing folder (it's retired and I've linked to one by Simon Says Stamp) with the white tag I cut using Hero Arts Nested Tag Dies. I made the frame using Cascade cardstock from Spellbinders and an old Poppystamps die set called Scalloped Stitch Frames (again, this is retired so I've linked to a set of very similar double stitch frames by Pinkfresh Studio.) I used Dried Marigold Distress Ink to ink blend through the Sunburst Stencil by Waffle Flower. I cut this piece with the Pinkfresh Studios Nested Rectangles Postage Edge dies. Behind all this is a small scrap of black and white lined paper from an old MFT paper pad.

    The sentiment is part of this sweet stamp set. I heat embossed it on black with Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder.

    The fun part is the Simon Says Stamp Festive Bunting die I used in the top left. I cut the triangle parts with 3 different colors (the blue is the Cascade I used earlier), and then the string part from black. The holes are large enough to easily snake the black string part through the holes.

    I used a variety of foam and liquid glue to adhere everything to an A2 card base made with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb.


Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. This means I may receive a small commission when you click through and shop using the links I provide. This helps support me in creating and posting my crafts. Items marked with an asterisk * at first mention were provided by a store or manufacturer. Otherwise, all items were purchased by me.

Post a Comment