Stamptember: Hey There, Pumpkin Tag

September 4, 2026


    Happy Stamptember! I hope you are enjoying all the goodness of this fun, stamping season over at Simon Says Stamp. It promises to be an exciting month.

    I love the phrase “Hey There, Pumpkin,” as I call my daughters by this affectionate name (or more commonly, Pumpkin Head). I decided to take the Harvest Blessings stamp set* and the Classic Friendship stamp set* and create a tag. The tag shape is all my own making — no die involved.



    I first stamped the largest pumpkin (which has interchangeable phrases that go in the middle: Blessings, Pumpkin, and Thanks) with Versamark on Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock. Next, I heat embossed with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Glaze in Rusty Hinge. Instead of stamping the word Pumpkin between the top and bottom of the pumpkin, I stamped it separately and heat embossed it with Lindy’s Gang Twilight Bronze embossing powder. If you don’t have that, any metallic embossing powder would work great. I cut out the word and glued it in the center of my fussy-cut pumpkin. The stem was stamped with a dark brown ink - no heat embossing.

    Just behind my pumpkin, I wanted to create some very subtle foliage. I used 2 different die sets for this. First, I used the Simon Says Stamp Dainty Floral Vine and added leaves from Tim Holtz Funky Foliage die set from Sizzix to cut from the same Desert Storm cardstock.



    I used Poppystamps Scalloped Stitch Frames die set to make the frame from green paper from the Tim Holtz idea-ology Green 8 x8 Paper Pallette Collection. This is retired so I have linked to a frame set from Simon Says Stamp. Combined with a rectangular die, this would make a frame. The light background of the frame and the dark background paper on the tag are both from Tim Holtz idea-ology Backdrops Vol 4. I stamped Hey There from the Simon Says Stamp Classic Friendship stamp set with Versamark and heat embossed with the same Lindy’s Gang Twilight Bronze embossing powder. The frame is popped up with foam tape.

    I used both leaf stamps in the Harvest Blessings stamp set to stamp with Hero Arts Wet Cement ink onto the dark Backdrops paper background. A lot of light brown inks would work for this, or even Versamark, as I was only trying to get a watermark effect.

    I assembled everything as shown adding a dark brown cardstock background, a hole reinforcer, crinkled seam binding and a little tan and white baker’s twine.

    Hope you are all enjoying Stamptember. 


If you shop from the links below. I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. It is much appreciated and helps fund my crafting. Also, any item first marked with an asterisk * was provided by an online store. Otherwise, I bought my supplies. 

Post a Comment