Poppystamps dies and my favorite colors

August 17, 2021

I discovered the line of Poppystamps Whittle dies at a scrapbook convention I attended in Arlington, TX in June 2021. I thought they were adorable and started with a few. I'm itching to get many more because they are so darn cute and very unique. This card came about as a response to a Color Hues Color Challenge. It took quite a while to decide on the layout and all the elements. 




CS: Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110lb, Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight, Stampin' Up! Pool Party and Calypso Coral, Canson XL Watercolor Paper
Patterned Paper: Stampin Up! Soft Sky 
Inks: Stampin' Up! Calypso Coral & Pool Party
Dies: Art Impressions Nesting Stitched Squares Dies, Poppy Stamps Whittle Hippo, Sleeping Fox and Hearts dies, Mama Elephant Slim Window Dressings dies
Sentiment: Laser printed
Dry Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Sequins: Amazon dot com




11 comments

  1. I love the design of this card! The Poppy Whittle dies are new to me, and I can see why you love them. I especially love your gorgeous ink blending heart in the bottom opening. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Karen, but it is actually watercolor on all the hearts.

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet!! Such a great slimline card! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen these adorable dies before! I just vowed yesterday that I can not spend anymore money this year on new dies and or stamps. I sure wish I would have come by a day before! LOL Janet, I love every inch of this fabulous slimline card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and please come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card... dies and color combo❣🥰 thanks for your comment on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just loving this adorable card! Your elements work together beautifully. Yes, those Whittles are super cute! I love the way you've watercolored the hearts and added texture to some of the elements. Fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This is adorable! Your slimline card adorned with the whittle animals and hearts is so cute! I love how you added the color to the fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I cut the fox from Calypso Coral and from white and then trimmed the coral version and glued it on top of the white. I was so happy for all the score and cut lines built into the die so I knew precisely where to cut.

      Delete
  7. Janet, there is so much to love on your card! Your use of colour, and watercolouring, is just gorgeous. The details on those sweet little dies are beautiful, and you have put everything together to perfection.

    ReplyDelete