You Are My Sunshine

September 28, 2021

I found a delightful sketch challenge at The Paper Players blog and thought I'd play along. As a new design team member at Poppystamps, I have some new dies to play with. I like to look at them and see what I can use in a different or unusual way (stay tuned - my next post has a twist on a Poppystamps die also.)


The umbrella paper I have had in my stash forever and ever. It's from Graphic 45 and I'm so happy I finally found a use for some of it. I die cut the windows using a Poppystamps die and cut the sun using my Silhouette. The sentiment is laser printed from my computer. The top 2 skies are watercolor and the third is ink blended with a cloud stencil. The sun also has a little bit of Glossy Accents on the center piece. This was easy and fun to make. 



CS: Black, Daffodil Delight and Real Red are Stampin' Up! Ivory is unknown. Sky paper is Canson XL Watercolor paper and Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight.

Dies: window from Poppystamps Winter House Pop Up Easel Set

Patterned Paper: Pitter Patter from the Raining Cats & Dogs Collection from Graphic 45, copyright 2014 (I've had it for awhile.)

Sentiment font: The Serif Hand ExtraBlack

Ink: Bottom sky is Tumbled Glass Distress Ink 




2 comments

  1. I love your little die-cut windows against that fabulous DSP... not surprised you had it in your stash for a long time! I love the sentiment, too. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this wee
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - such a fun mix of elements and I love how you used windows for the squares on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete