This Little Piggy

October 2, 2021

Happy World Card Making Day! I hope this post finds you doing just that. I had so much fun with this sweet little barn animal and his messy greeting. I started by cutting the Poppystamps' Whittle Pig from both a light and dark peach colored cardstock, so I could use the darker nose portion in place of the lighter one. Next I wanted to get the look of splattered mud, but with some control. So I took Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink and using Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge splatter-looking stamp, I carefully stamped on the lower portion of the pig.

Using the Poppystamps Whittle Wood Picture Frames dies, I cut the larger wooden frame from kraft cardstock. I used the same wood frame die to cut a leftover stenciled background with sky and grass, and then used the negative portion from that inside my kraft frame. I also used this die to cut the lower portion of my piggy, so it would fit perfectly inside the frame.

The mud came from the hanging frost and icicles piece that is found in the Winter House Pop Up Easel die. I trimmed these pieces down, covered them with a glossy glaze, and glued them on top and behind the frame.

I took all these pieces and adhered them to the kraft Woodgrain paper. I stamped the Hogs and Kisses with black ink and cut it to go underneath. This little piggy will make a nice surprise for someone. 

CS: Poppystamps Woodgrain Kraft Paper, SU Crumb Cake, SU Soft Sable, unknown light and dark peach cs, Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight

Ranger Glossy Accents on mud

Stamps: PS Whittle Wild Animal Sentiments, Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs, Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass

Dies: PS Whittle Pig, Winter House Pop Up Easel die (mud), Whittle Wood Picture Frames

Post a Comment