An exciting announcement!

September 24, 2021

I was thrilled to be chosen the winner of a recent Poppystamps (PS) Challenge with my Turquoise and Coral card. But after that, things got even more exciting. I was contacted by the Design Team leader and asked if I'd like to join their Poppystamps Design Team and make projects showing off all their great stamps and dies. You get one guess what I said. 


So, to kick off my new endeavor, I wanted to design a slimline card, which typically measures 3.5” x 8.5” when folded. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the lovely PS Soaring Tree Frame and I cut it from kraft cardstock.



I used autumn colored cardstock with the PS Floral Cluster die, cutting off the tiny leaves on the edges and adhering them to the tree. Next, I knew I wanted a snowy background and the PS Snowspeckled Washi Tape worked perfectly. I’d never worked with washi tape this wide, and quickly realized just pulling it out from the roll with my fingertips wasn't going to work like it did for a narrower roll. I found it easiest to adhere the leading edge of the tape to my plastic table top and then unroll it. This way I could measure what I wanted and get a smooth application by just putting my cardstock onto the sticky side. I then left a leading edge sticking out on my tape roll so it will be easier to pull out next time. 




I used blue cardstock and cut the washi-covered piece down to just fit behind the tree. I used the same blue for the card base. Next, I die cut the adorable PS Pile of Pumpkins (I adore pumpkins!) I used a plain circle die to create the green hill, and then I swiped Versamark ink on the tops of pumpkins, the hill, and in one area of the tree. I heat embossed with white embossing powder to give it the look of snow. I went over a few more branches with a white gel pen. I probably could have used the gel pen on everything instead of embossing, but I like the look of the shiny powder on the pumpkins. 
I adhered all these pieces together along with the washi-covered background, and then used my same fall-colored cardstock to die cut PS Orchard Leaves. I cut apart these to make a nice variety of leaves for the card front. I used foam adhesive tape to pop up the snowy scene and added a computer printed sentiment.

Stay tuned for a lot more from Poppystamps here on my blog and thanks so much for visiting.   

CS: Stampin' Up! Hello Honey, Cherry Cobbler, Dapper Denim(?), Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, and Cajun Craze; Pumpkins are a deep orange from my stash
Washi Tape: Poppystamps Snowspeckle
Embossing: Taylored Expressions White Detail Embossing powder, Versamark ink
White Gelly Roll gel pen




Post a Comment