Let's go for a spin

October 10, 2021

I haven't made a spinner card in years, but I want to send one to a family with young kids for Christmas. No time like the present. 

First, I ink blended Distress Oxides onto heavy white cardstock. I flicked some water on, but I really wanted to emphasize snow, so I used a stamp with white Distress ink for this. I used a favorite MFT stamp set and my alcohol markers to color the trees and the animals. The bear was particularly hard because I have never colored "white" before. A video by Sandy Allnock helped with this. I finally used my 6th try. I followed video instructions from My Favorite Things to figure it all out. You can't see it in the photos, but I painted the pale blue ice with some clear glaze using a cheap paintbrush (came clean when I washed it) to make it shiny and look more like ice. 

After I added the little spin and slide discs behind the penguin and bear I just needed to apply a lot of double stick foam adhesive to the back of the hill panel. Finally I adhered it to the sky panel and then I had all the room I needed for the bear to skate and the penguin to go head over heels. 

Ingredients

Cardstock: Gina K Pure Luxury Heavyweight, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb, Bazzill Icy Mint 80lb

Stamps: MFT Warm Hugs & Frosty Kisses, snowflakes from Stampin' Up! Perpetual Birthday Calendar

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, White Picket Distress Ink, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides

Alcohol Markers: Dick Blick, Spectrum Noir Tri-blend Dull Green, Copic markers on Neenah CS

Dies: MFT Spin & Slide Channels, MFT Warm Hugs & Frosty Kisses, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders

Extras: MFT Spin & Slide discs, Signo White Gel pen, Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew

Challenges: MFT Slimline card challenge, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


3 comments

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for icing our cupcakes your way at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous interactive card you created!! I LOVE those fun stamps you used!! Thank you for playing with us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!

    Nora
    Cupcake Inspiration
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love it! So cute. Love the scene, the sweet interactive part and the subtle snow. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete