A Gingerbread Snowglobe

November 12, 2021


How could I resist combining a snowglobe with a gingerbread house? Two sets of Poppystamp dies helped me create this sweet scene, featured on their blog on November 12. I started with the cottage and cut it from 4 different colors of cardstocks: red, white glitter, Stampin' Up! Baked Brown Sugar to represent gingerbread, and two from yellow. I trimmed the door off the honey-brown one. I cut another cottage from red paper and snipped off the door to use.


I loved the idea of having a window in the door and was thrilled to see that I could put the red door upside down onto the cottage die and cut a window out of the door (yes, tweezers and reading glasses were critical for this). 


I went over the door with a clear glitter pen. I used the window inlays from my two yellow cottages and inset them into the honey-brown cottage and the red door. Before I added the frosted roof, I used a white gel pen to doodle on the cottage, making it look like icing. Once the cottage was complete, the rest was easier. I die cut the fence and the tree from the same honey-brown cardstock and used my white gel pen to add snow.  I cut two snow mounds from the snow die that came with the Cottage Globe die, one from white cardstock, the other from glitter cardstock.

I cut the two base pieces of the card from red and white cardstock. I cut the globe from pale blue cardstock and used a medium blue ink to just barely edge it with ink. I even glued down  a few pieces of snowflake-shaped glitter to add to the snowy feel.

Now I wanted to add candy to the scene. Some shaker bits and tiny tree ornaments I picked up at the craft store really fit the bill. I could have created the candy with paper and markers too. I glued down tiny peppermints onto the tree and I snipped the little hanger loops off the mini lollipops.

Next I assembled everything onto the blue circle, starting with the tree, then adding the white snow, then the fence. Then I had to carefully glue down the lollipops. Next I used foam adhesive to adhere the glitter snow mound. I used liquid glue on the bottom of the cottage and foam adhesive on the top to get the dimension correct so it would sit level.

I next adhered the globe onto the white card base. I had die cut the snowglobe base from dark brown cardstock and the trim from a brushed gold cardstock. I glued these together and then only used liquid glue to adhere the base to the bottom of the glitter snow mound. Finally I put everything down onto the red easel, attaching everything to a narrow, pre-scored flap so the card can stand up. I liked my card as it was but I could easily add a sentiment to the base. Wouldn't it be great to live inside a gingerbread snowglobe? 

Ingredients:

CS: Stampin' Up! Baked Brown Sugar, Read Red, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sable, Whisper White; Bazzill Icy Mint, brushed gold cs from my stash

Ink: Stampin' Up! Marina Mist 

Glitter paper: Memory Box Delicate Pastel Glitter Pad 6x6

Dies: Poppystamps Cottage Globe and Cabin Snowglobe Pop up Easel die sets

Embellishments: Lollipops (miniature ornaments) from Hobby Lobby, Peppermints and snowflakes by Recollections at Michael's, Wink of Stella clear, Uniball Signo white gel pen

Post a Comment