Peaceful forest

November 12, 2021

I was so excited to be chosen as the Featured Artist over on the As You See It Challenge two weeks ago. It's a super fun challenge blog with an extremely talented design team. This week's challenge is a recipe challenge. I have never done one of those before but I really like having to include a variety of different things into my card design. It's like the paper version of the TV show 'Chopped.' 

This week the challenge is titled Recipe to Celebrate Neutrality. Your mission is to use a one-word sentiment, an embossing folder, ribbon or twine, a punch or die, and a neutral palette. Since I'm fully into Christmas crafting right now, I had an idea for a forest and it was going to check all the boxes.



I used Poppystamps dies from 2 sets to die cut 5-6 different size trees. I liked the idea of layering with the different dimensions of these trees. I was able to die cut 3 trees from my base card. After I was done with that step, I dry embossed the falling snow onto the card base. Next I put card stock behind the openings, 2 of the 3 backgrounds were set off by pop dots in the back. Then I die cut trees from more neutral cardstock (4 colors all total) and adhered those either directly to the card, some with glue, some with foam dots. 
To work in my one-word sentiment and the twine, I used my Silhouette to cut a tag and the word Peace from some glitter cardstock. I adhered these to the card base with foam dots and wrapped twine around my card base and tied the twine in place. I spent a little too long trying to do something extra with the sentiment but kept coming back to this approach. 
Now it's your turn. Go check out the AYSI #263 challenge and enter your best "dish" in this recipe contest. 



Ingredients:

CS: Gina K Pure Luxury Heavy weight cardstock, Memory Box 6x6" Earth Neutral Collection, lightest beige CS is from my stash. 

Glitter paper: from my stash

Embossing folder: Softly Falling from Stampin' Up! (retired)

Twine: 1mm twine from jewelry area in craft store

3 comments

  1. You created a beautiful scene with your neutrals and it makes me feel quite calm! Those trees are perfect for the challenge and you got them lined up just right! Love the snowy background too! So happy you're our GD for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this beauty really does tick all the boxes - and more! I love it! I'm so happy to see you Guest Designing with us this challenge. Thank you for agreeing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet your beautiful neutral festive scene is so serene- just stunning! I love the mix of trees and use of negative space too and the creative way you incorporated twine with your sentiment. An all round fabulous card - so delighted you are able to join us as a guest over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete