Pick your favorites

November 4, 2021




I decided to enter a few challenges and let them drive my design this week. The Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge was the most unique. The challenge was to Copy And Selectively Edit from this original. 


I am still enjoying my MFT Harvest Mouse stamps, so I paired this mouse with 3 dies and one embossing folder. I colored the mouse and apple basket with alcohol markers and then die cut them. Next I used a stitch circle die with kraft paper and dry embossed the circle. I wanted to mimic the leaves in the original design and I used two different dies to do that. I wanted a red background to pick up the color of the apples and found this double-sided piece in my stash.  I wanted to use a kraft cardstock base but wanted something to give it interest. I used a very old  background stamp with Versamark on the card base. I assembled it all using both liquid glue and foam adhesive, and tied twine around the main portion just like in the original. I added the sentiment after I’d heat embossed it.


Ingredients

CS: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb

Patterned Paper: unknown - from my stash

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark embossing ink

Stamps: My Favorite Things Harvest Mouse, friend definition background stamp - unknown (maybe Hero Arts)

Dies: Circle: Stampin' Up! Stitched Shapes, Poppystamps Poinsettia Background, David Tutera for Sizzix Eucalyptus, MFT Harvest Mouse

Markers: Copic & Dick Blick alcohol markers

Embellishments: Stampin' Up! linen thread, Nuvo Crystal Drops Dandelion Yellow, Taylored Expressions white embossing powder, Darice fall leaves embossing folder, Signo Uniball white gel pen

Challenges: The Global Design Project #GDP316, AAA Challenge Birthday Card Challenge 
, Craft Animals Challenge

8 comments

  1. How adorable! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we say adorable,cute,and oh,so creative?! Love your sweet little mouse card and the elements you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the autumn mouse stamp too. But I think this is one of the best versions of this stamp. I love the different autumn colored cardstocks and the dies you have used. Thank You for playing with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. DT Dhruvika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday and good luck! xx Valérie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. Love the craft. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you again. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mouse is so cute and I love the color palette of this card. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday and I hope to see you joining our current challenge too where we want to see easel cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card, Karen - fantastic colouring and great layout too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete