The Cat Tree Kitty Card

July 11, 2022


Two young women who are very dear to me both have July birthdays, and own and love cats. So, when I saw the Poppystamps Whittle Adorable Kitty Kit I knew exactly who I was going to make my creations for.

Today I am showing off the "cat tree" cat. I die cut this cutie from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb cardstock and used Copic markers to color it with warm gray stripes, and a pink nose and ears, to resemble a particular kitty I know. Next, I cut the "cat tree" tube and center from a Bazzill beige cardstock (name unknown) and Stampin' Up! Misty Moonlight blue cardstock. I used Copics again to provide a shadow beneath the cat. I used the other portion of the blue tube to make a circle to go behind the image. I punched a larger circle out of Stampin' Up!'s Blushing Bride colored cardstock.


I mounted a strip of pink patterned paper from a giant Park Lane 12x12 paper pad called Timeless Textures over some beige and black striped paper from the Jen Hadfield 6x6 Simple Life Paper pad to provide a background and a band across the card front. Before I adhered anything, I used one of the stamps included with the kit to stamp paw prints across the card in the Blushing Bride ink. Lastly, I stamped the "You're purrfect" sentiment (also comes with the kit) in Ranger embossing ink on Recollections black cardstock and heat embossed with Taylored Expressions white detail powder (I've struggled a lot with making white embossing on black cardstock work, but I find the smoother the black cardstock, the better). I adhered everything onto my card front, putting the pink and blue circles down first, and then the band. Next, I adhered the tube, then adhered the cat with foam adhesive. I added the sentiment with foam adhesive also. Finally, I added some navy blue enamel dots to carry the color around the card (an old item from my stash).

On the 17th, I will show you another fun cat card you can make with this super cute Kitty Kit. 

Post a Comment