Some Tea Time Fun by Anita Jeram

January 23, 2023


I've been charmed by Anita Jeram's lovely illustrations for Colorado Craft Company stamps for years, but I've put off buying them. When they had a big sale in December I could resist no longer. One of the sets I purchased was Tea Time Fun. Naturally, I also needed the die set to go with it. 


I've made a recent decision to go back to colored pencils for much of my coloring. I dearly adore my alcohol markers and would love to have an entire set of Copics, but...budget. But I was able to complete my Prismacolor colored pencil collection by spending only about $20. I'm definitely rusty but I am at the start of taking a class from Kit & Clowder to brush up on my skills. 


That said, my new stamps fit great with challenge #502 over at CAS Colours & Sketches


For this cute card, which follows their sketch, I used a Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake card front, die cut with the Paper Rose nested stitched rectangle dies. I colored the image with a little bit of alcohol marker on the cup and bowl to lay down a light pink base. I then went back with my Prismacolor pencils to give them depth and more coral coloring. I did the mice with all colored pencil. My iPhone camera didn't capture it, but I used a swipe of clear Wink o' Stella on the sugar in the spoon and bowl. 

The stamp and die set are Tea Time Fun by Colorado Craft Company. My black ink is Memento. I printed the sentiment from my computer. 

Thanks for looking!




5 comments

  1. Fabulous!! I love the sweet images and you colored them beautifully! What a beautiful and sweet take on our sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet card. Your coloring is wonderful and love that you use colored pencil. I like the softer results you get w/ pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the sweet images in this stamp set fit perfectly with our current sketch! You've coloured the images beautifully and have created such gorgeously adorable card inspired by the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CC&S :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your soft coloring on this card - so pretty for the adorable mice. Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The charming little mice are so cute! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete