A Floral Heart CASE

February 12, 2023

When I received all the new floral dies from Poppystamps, I was super inspired by a post I had seen on Pinterest. I decided to CASE the amazing Zsoka Marko and her December 2022 card that you can see here on her blog A Pocket Full of Scrap. 



I wanted to make a very special Valentine for a dear relative who is suffering from some dementia. First, I cut the scalloped heart from the Vintage Scalloped Heart die set from Neenah 110lb solar white cardstock. Next, I cut out a lot of flowers from the same cardstock using the following Poppystamps sets: Little Posie Layered Flowers, Little Layered Asters, Lucky Layered Flowers, Layered Pointy Petals, and the Floral Vase Pop Up Easel die set. I colored all the flowers with alcohol ink markers including Copic, Dick Blick, and Spectrum Noir. I used the leaves from the Floral Vase Pop Up Easel and cut them from Stampin' Up Basic Gray cardstock matching the background. I arranged all the leaves on the white heart and glued them down, then layered the flowers on top to emphasize the heart shape as best I could.



For the background, I took another piece of gray cardstock and spritzed it with water on front and back so the fibers would bend well. I ran this through the Stunning Mandala 3D embossing folder by Memory Box (it's so beautiful). I trimmed the edges and layered it onto a Stampin' Up! Petal Pink card base. I glued the floral heart at the center of the mandala and used a computer printed sentiment popped up with foam tape on the card. Finally, I added Nuvo Crystal Drops around the heart (these are the only 3 colors I have, but I want more).

I was really pleased with how it turned out. The gray background makes the colors stand out so well, yet isn't as harsh as black.

It's already on it's way to a special person.

I hope your February is allowing time to relax and craft. 

1 comment

  1. This is beautiful! You continue to amaze me with such great designs, color choices and most of all lovely cards. I still treasure the one you made as a donation for the Ukraine card drive about a year ago. Keep sharing these beauties and your techniques!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete