When is a Rainbow not a Rainbow?

March 25, 2023


The Rainbow Arch die from Poppystamps has a lot of flexibility. It can serve as a cool, graphic semi-circle among other things. I decided to pull out some specialty cardstock and give it a workout.


I started by using the singular die (every arch cuts at once) with a pale blue glitter from the Delicate Pastel Glitter pad, then a turquoise mirror and blue-green pearl paper both from the Vintage Pastel Mirror pad. Finally, I pulled out a blue-green holographic paper from Recollections. After die cutting, I was left with 28 arches to play with on my card. I moved them around on top of a piece of kraft cardstock and used the negative space between some of the arches to act as a warm contrast to my cool blues.



I glued the arches down and trimmed my piece to 4" x 5.25". Then I got stuck. I slept on it and came back the next day with an idea for adding additional interest and a sentiment.
 
I heat embossed the 'Life is Better with a Friend Like You' sentiment, which I got from the Poppystamps Art Deco Inspiration Stamp set, with white detail embossing powder onto heavyweight vellum and cut it into a rectangle. Since the arches did resemble rainbows, I felt like adding clouds. The adorable white stitched clouds came from the Poppystamps Whittle Rainbow Unicorns kit. Using these also allowed me to hide my adhesive underneath the clouds.

I matted everything onto a kraft cardbase. I love using shapes like clouds in my designs. I was happy with how my non-rainbow rainbow turned out. 

Post a Comment