A Bouquet of Birthday Wishes for You

May 18, 2023


It's heating up here in Texas, but there are still some spring blooms to be found. I put together this birthday wishes card using a load of Poppystamps dies I will list below.

Do you craft when you travel? I've found it easy to take along a small set of supplies and do a little crafting when I am on the road. Recently, I took a bunch of white floral die cuts and my alcohol ink markers with me on a trip. I spent some free time coloring these little blooms and it was very relaxing. I typically used just two shades on each bloom, with the darker color towards the center. Needless to say, I had to wear some strong readers to do the work. On the tiniest flowers I added a dot of Nuvo Crystal drops in yellow. I gathered these flowers to use on this card. I used all the floral dies listed below.



I didn't premake my greenery, so I did that two different ways. The first was to use white cardstock and cut some greenery using the greenery dies from the Floral Vase Pop Up Easel set, and then color them with two green Copics. The second was to take a strip of white cardstock, color it with one green Copic marker, and then cut my leaves from the Floral Cake Pop Up Easel die set. Both methods worked well for my needs.


I used the Luscious Script Wishes die set to cut 'wishes' out of heavy white cardstock and the shadow from a very pale purple cardstock. Since my flower centers were colored yellow, I used a cardbase made from Stampin' Up!'s Daffodil Delight cardstock behind the white card front I glued my leaves and flowers onto. I added a stamped and gold embossed  'Happy birthday' from the My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set above the 'wishes.' Finally, I added a few clear Fairy Pastel Jewels to the card.

In addition to the dies listed above, I used Poppystamps Lucky Layered Flowers and the Little Posie Layered Flowers.

Hope your spring is blooming all over. 





2 comments

  1. Wait, you did this while traveling?? This is gorgeous! I love the die cuts and will have to check out this company for myself...and not tell the hubby... Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today, I really appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blooms & leaves look beautiful! Good reminder about using a Copic on a scrap of white to use for diecutting! Such a beautiful card--love the wishes font!

    ReplyDelete