Reinkers and A Birthday Wish

May 26, 2023


This was a simple card to make for 2 reasons. First, the background was pre-made. Months ago I had played around with some Stampin' Up! reinkers (Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry) on watercolor paper. I ended up with this vivid, almost symmetrical background. Second, Poppystamps Birthday Wishes Moonlight Script die set is the ideal size and shape on any card to make it look great. I trimmed my watercolor panel to 4" x 5.25" and matted it onto a Bermuda Bay cardbase that matched the watercolor. Next, I die cut the script saying from Bermuda Bay cardstock. Then, I cut the shadow from watercolor cardstock to match the background.


I adhered these together and used foam adhesive to pop the sentiment off the watercolor background. Finally, I added some Poppystamps Bright Fairy Jewels in matching colors. That's it. I love sitting and making card backgrounds because when it comes time to put together a card, most of the work is already done. Give it a try.   

Post a Comment