Tickled Pink with Little Critters

August 9, 2023


Clean and simple is one of my favorite types of cards. It focuses attention on just a small area, leaving plenty of blank space. I think of the blank space as "breathing room."

As the whole Poppystamps Whittle series is so cute, I thought I’d turn to a set of adorable, color-coordinated critters to make this card. I wanted to play off the sentiment of "I'm tickled pink" that is in the Whittle Wild Animals Sentiment stamp set.

I started by gathering 7 different colors of pink cardstock. I die cut one animal each from the Whittle Mouse, Whittle Sleepy Fox, Whittle Snails (the larger of two), Whittle Pig, and Whittle Panda Pickup Kit. I used white or another color of pink cardstock when the die called for 2 parts.

I took a white cardfront that measured 4.25" x 5.5", the standard size for most cards. I used a circle die with a diameter of 2.5" and cut it from the upper center of this. I stamped "I'm tickled pink" with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink below the circle.




I arranged the animals on a slightly smaller piece of gray striped paper. I carefully put them where they would sit just behind the edge of the circle. I glued them each to the striped paper and then used foam adhesive around the backside of the circle cut out and adhered it to the animals and the striped paper. Finally, I glued this entire cardfront to a white card.

It doesn't take long to create a clean and simple card. 

Post a Comment