A Haunted Happy House

September 11, 2023



Oh, how I love Halloween! While I don't have little ones to take trick-or-treating any longer, the spooky crafts are still a huge source of enjoyment. I used the new Poppystamps' Neighborhood Home Pop Up Easel Set to create this creaky, wooden house where a lot of eerie things live. The house itself is made from Stampin' Up's Soft Sable brown cardstock that I embossed with Tim Holtz's Tree Rings 3D  embossing folder. I swiped a little brown ink over the raised surface and then splattered with Distress Oxide Spray in Iced Spruce. 


Haunted house upright1


The curtains were cut from watercolor cardstock dyed with Distress Spray Stain in Seedless Preserves and glued to the back of the brown house. Next, I cut the background from Stampin' Up's Crushed Curry cardstock (to resemble light inside the house) and adhered the house with the curtains onto it. The two rooflines and all seven window frames were cut and embossed from black cardstock. I swiped a gray Distress Crayon over the big roof and rubbed it in with my fingers just to allow the texture to show through more.


Haunted house WIP2


I also used foam adhesive on the back of the big roof to make it stand out. I had a piece of olive green cardstock with a kraft core that I used to cut the door from and then sand the edges of it. I swiped a little Walnut Stain Distress crayon over the door and glued it in place. I also glued the window frames in place. 


Haunted house WIP1


I cut the broom from the Whittle Witch die set and used a brown marker to color the top of it. I glued it on to make it look like it was leaning against the front door. I cut the ghosts from the new Whittle Scary Guys set in white cardstock and adhered a tiny piece of black cardstock behind for the eyes. I mounted these on the house with foam adhesive. I used a sheet of 110lb purple glitter cardstock from the Memory Box 6x6 Glitzy Glitter Pad and cut the Boo Poe Script from it and mounted it to the roof. I used black cardstock to cut a spider web from the Halloween Assemblage die set. Finally, I cut the easel portion from Stampin' Up!'s Crumb Cake cardstock, adhered the entire house onto the proper tab, and then adhered the spider web, so the easel would hold it upright when opened. 


This was lots of fun to create. I hope your Halloween is happily haunted.

Post a Comment