A Bouquet in an Envelope

September 18, 2023


The new Large Stitched Envelope and Postage die from Poppystamps lends itself to endless creativity. It is large enough to put things in, like this set of tulips, and small enough that you could fit 2-5 envelopes on an A2 or slimline card. The stitched edge makes it extra cute. And if that weren't cool enough, you get a fun little postage stamp die with the envelope die.

I die cut the envelope from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Solar White cover stock and then cut it again from lightweight green patterned paper. I trimmed the patterned paper down so I had a piece small enough to line the inside of the flaps. I glued in the lime green flap lining, but waited to glue the bottom flap to the two side flaps.



Next, I used the Layered Tulips die and cut petals from the Twilight Purple and Vibrant Violet 6x6 Memory Box paper pads. I mixed and matched petals to create 8 different blooms. I cut stems and leaves from two colors of the Lush Green 6x6 Memory Box paper. 


I took a white card base and added a blue lightly-patterned paper on top, then I added the unfolded envelope, only gluing the back panel down, then the flowers. I glued the stems first, then I added the blooms in a pleasing arrangement.

I took a little sentiment strip from my stash and glued it over the envelope. I can use this card for a birthday, anniversary, graduation or even a wedding.

What kinds of things would look great coming out of an envelope? There is SO much to choose from. 

[This will be my last post as a member of the Poppystamps Design Team. I have had an extraordinarily good time and have connected with some amazing people and cardmakers through Poppystamps. My thanks to the company for its support and goodwill, and simply for being part of this amazing crafting community.]

Post a Comment