A Parade for Woodblock Wednesday

September 27, 2023


I was thrilled to be chosen as a guest designer for Woodblock Wednesday, an Instagram account set up by Amy Tsurata (@craftee1) to "honor" our most beloved woodblock stamps. If you've been stamping for more than 5 years, you probably have a few (or many more) in your stash. While I've gotten rid of many over the years, there is a shoebox filled with my "keep forever" woodblock stamps. 


One of my very favorites is called "It's a Parade" and was manufactured by Hero Arts years ago. The detailed silhouette of children putting on their own little parade to celebrate is charming beyond words. I embossed this sweet image with Ranger's black embossing powder on Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110lb coverstock. I cut the cardstock to 3.75" x 5" and made it where the image was slightly above the bottom and centered. 



I used a homemade cloud stencil along with Stampin' Up!'s Island Indigo ink on a blending brush to create billowy clouds above the parade. Next, I cut Simon Says Stamp's Yay You Words by CZ Design, the amazing Cathy Zielske, in red cardstock by Memory Box. I popped up the words using additional white die cuts of the words in white cardstock underneath. I assembled all this as shown on a white cardbase, adding a sentiment strip from CZ Design's Reverse Yay. I added a few iridescent sequins and I was done. 




Tell me what your favorite wood mounted stamps are? I'd love to know. Maybe we share some favorites. 


1 comment

  1. This is perfect! Thank you so much for joining me this month!

    ReplyDelete