Good Feelings Coming Your Way

October 30, 2023



Who needs handmade cards? Well, most of us have a use for some all year long. But - and I'll admit to being a full 3 years late to the party - there is an on-going drive for handmade cards put on by Scrapbook.com. The program is called Cards For Kindness. You send them handmade cards with matching envelopes and they send these cards to nursing homes, hospitals, organizations that help kids, etc. They have an ever changing set of needed cards, so it is very important to follow their guidelines and quantities (no less than 10 cards in a package), and fill out the submission form, when you mail them cards. I recently sent them 15 cards including this one. I found this fantastic stamp set, called Good Feelings, in the Stampin' Up! catalog and realized how ideal it was for many of their on-going needs. Not to mention, these giant sentiments are in beautiful fonts and take up plenty of real estate on a card front. 




You might notice I have some delicate patterned paper on this card. I could give you 100 guesses and I doubt you'd guess it was the backside of a bridal shower invitation for my youngest daughter, Lila. The hostess had a stack of extra invites and gave them to me. One I'll keep for a scrapbook, but just when I was about to toss the rest into recycling I noticed the backside. 

The die cuts are all from some Tim Holtz Sizzix Sets. Some use solid Stampin' Up! paper and the others are colored with Distress Spray Stains. All the ingredients for this card are below. Can't wait to try out these fun sentiments in lots of different ink colors.

Stamp: Good Feelings stamp set, Stampn' Up!
CS: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sable, Pear Pizzaz
Dies: Stitched Rectangles by Paper Rose, Tim Holtz Sizzix Funky Foliage, TH Sizzix Garden Greens
Distress Spray Stains: Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap

Post a Comment