This little gift card holder was a cinch to make using the Coffee with Friends stamp set* from the Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness release. I took a piece of Neenah Desert Storm 80lb cardstock and cut it to 4” x 6”. I used my corner rounder to round all the corners. I used my Gina K Amalgam black ink to stamp all over it using 3 clear blocks and 3 stamps - the teapot, the paper coffee cup, and the tea cup. I carefully created a random pattern all over 1 side of the cardstock with these 3 little images. I easily could have left it like this, but I decided to break out my Distress Watercolor Pencils and color, then blend with a watercolor brush. I used the Watercolor Pencil sets #6, #4, and #1, (specifically Carved Pumpkin, Brushed Corduroy, Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral, Salvaged Patina, and Lost Shadow) along with the Picket Fence white Distress Watercolor Pencil. I scored this in the middle when I was done, and folded it over. I took a glue dot and attached a Starbucks Gift Card inside.
On the outside I die cut an arch from Spellbinders Waterfall Colorwheel Cardstock using Spellbinders Essential Arches die set. I trimmed off a little at the end and attached it near the right side. I actually cut the sentiment stamp into 3 pieces and then heat embossed each part with Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder onto a strip of dark brown cardstock. I cut it up and glued it to the front of the arch. I used a beige and brown baker’s twine I found in my stash to wrap around the card and keep it closed.
This is a super simple gift card holder that requires no “paper engineering.” Just cut, score and attach your card.
Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. This means I may receive a small commission when you click through and shop using the links I provide. This helps support me in creating and posting my crafts. Items marked with an asterisk * at first mention were provided by a store or manufacturer. Otherwise, all items were purchased by me.


Post a Comment