Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2026 Harvest Blessings

September 1, 2026


    Happy STAMPtember from me to you! It’s a thrill to be participating as a member of the Simon Says Stamp Designer Family in my first STAMPtember. All my projects will use the elegant and easy-to-use Harvest Blessings stamp set*. When I opened my up my package from Simon Says Stamp and I saw all the pumpkins and gourds on the stamp set, I thought “they know me!” You see, I LOVE pumpkins. I decorate my home for fall in almost every room. I have pumpkins made of ceramic, glass, wicker, wood, plastic, and sweater material. I have a giant ivory-colored pumpkin platter (from Crate & Barrel eons ago) that sits on a shelf in my kitchen almost year round, except for December. I have a coffee mug that says “Crazy Pumpkin Lady” that I bought from Joann’s (#RIP).



    Anyway, it was easy to come up with ideas for this set. For this first card, I decided to treat the solid-image stamps to my Distress Oxide inks. So that I could overlap the images, I used masks made from Post-It Notes to cover the images I stamped and didn’t want to stamp on top of. I used Rusty Hinge, Dusty Concord, Broken China, and Peeled Paint, along with Ground Espresso Distress Ink for the stems. After doing this stamping in a vertical line on a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, I splattered it with my Dr. Ph. Martin Bombay India Ink in Sepia. However, an equally good choice for this dark brown splatter is Tim Holtz’s Distress Spray in Ground Espresso. Just flick it from the little straw inside the bottle, instead of spraying it.

    When my ink and my splatter were dry, I fussy cut the right edge of the stacked gourds as shown. I laid this edge down on some dark brown cardstock and traced it with a pencil. Next, I fussy cut the edge of the brown paper so I could make the shadow behind the gourds. I glued this thin piece behind the gourd piece.

    Next came the leaves. I stamped the 2 leaf shapes in the stamp set onto the same Desert Storm cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed them with Lindy’s Gang Twilight Bronze embossing powder. If you have trouble finding this one, any dark, metallic embossing powder would work great. Gold would work perfectly too. I glued the leaves as shown onto my stamped piece.

    I took a piece of purple cardstock (my best match for the Dusty Concord Distress Ink, I’ve linked to the Simon Says Stamp Eggplant cardstock below as I think it would be ideal) and dry embossed a piece of 4.5 x 6” cardstock with a favorite: Simon Says Stamp’s Tiny Tufts embossing folder. I purposedly used a larger than A2 piece for this as the dry embossing sort of “shrinks” the size of the paper because of the impressions it makes. Next, I cut it to an A2 size of 4.25” x 5.5”.

    I built this card in an odd way - I took the purple piece and glued it to a cardbase made of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cover stock in white. Then, I took the stamped piece (with the brown glued on the back) and scored it and folded it over the left side of the card. It made it kinda chunky and I might do this differently next time.

    I then die cut Simon Says Stamp’s Boho Celebrate die three times from dark brown cardstock. I stacked two of them and glued them together, and then smooshed my Versamark inkpad onto the top one and again heat embossed with the same Twilight Bronze embossing powder. I cut the third die cut in half and glued only the right half onto the back of the word. I did this because the word was going to be glued down on the higher left side, and then hang over the lower embossed purple panel (I really hope that made sense [said no AI ever]). I was happy with how it all worked out.

    Enjoy this Stamptember month at Simons Says Stamp and tune it every day for some fun surprises. By the way, the Harvest Blessings stamp set WILL be available past Stamptember. 


If you shop from these links below, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. It is dearly appreciated and helps fund my crafting. Also, any item first marked with an asterisk * was provided by a retailer. Otherwise, I bought all my supplies.

Thanks!

Post a Comment