Stamptember 2026 Pumpkins in Blue

September 2, 2026


It's a Stamptember Blog Party here at the Tiny Paper Blossom blog! Today and tomorrow only use the code above at checkout to get this free die set added to your order. You have to do 3 things to get it: 1. Spend $30 before tax and shipping on other items. 2. Add the item Simon Says Stamp Nested Stars to your cart and 3. enter code STRZ at checkout. Then the price of the item will be set to $0. You may only use a single promotion code per order.




    Welcome! This was a fun card to make. Even though I am “the Crazy Pumpkin Lady” and decorate my home with countless pumpkins in autumn, I don’t have any blue pumpkins (I do have a teal one, however). The ideal range of colors come from Altenew’s Tranquility line of inks, a gorgeous set of blue-gray colors that include Cloudy Sky, Nimbus, and Misty Morning. I used Altenew’s Misty Morning for the lightest blue and smallest pumpkin. Since I need to reink my Altenew pads, I chose 2 other blues very similar to Altenew's for the darker pumpkins. I first stamped the largest pumpkin in 2 steps: first the blue pumpkin and then the Thanks phrase in the middle using Hero Arts Wet Cement.



    I used Hero Arts Wet Cement inkpad for the stems. I used Concord & 9th’s Stardust for the leaves and acorn bottom. I fussy cut all the images and glued the gourds together with the yellow leaves. I lightly ink blended a white cardstock panel with one of my blue inks (can’t remember which one but probably Misty Morning). I stamped the ‘you mean so much to me’ sentiment in Versa Fine Clair ink in Pinecone to get a super crisp, dark brown image. The white leaves in the background all come from Trinity Stamps’ Wildflower Clippings die set. I used a tan thread nest behind this.

    The textured background comes from a very old Tim Holtz embossing folder called Gridlock (retired, but eBay has several at good prices). I edged the 2 white background pieces with my Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser. I assembled everything as shown, using both foam tape and glue, attaching the tiny acorn to sit just over my sentiment.

If you shop from the links below. I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. It is much appreciated and helps fund my crafting. Also, any item first marked with an asterisk * was provided by an online store. Otherwise, I bought my supplies. 


22 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I love, love, love this color palette. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm a huge fan of all things nontraditional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, your card speaks to me! I love your blue pumpkins. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE your color choices! The string and frame are beautiful additions. Thank you for sharing your instructions! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete