A Starring Role

September 3, 2021

I just love the MFT Warm Hugs & Frosty Kisses stamps and dies, and when I found a sketch challenge from MFT and a color challenge on Color Throwdown, I had my plan. Putting the star together was a challenge. I used my Silhouette to cut the star. I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide to ink the sky, with a few well placed water droplets for stars. Next I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies to cut the hills. If I had thought it through, I simply would have used precut stars with the hillside borders, so everything would stack neatly. Instead I just used some scrap cardstock and glued it down, then trimmed the edges to fit the star shape base. That was not easy. I used light blue cardstock sprayed with pearl glimmer mist for the ice. I did precut this in a star shape, so that made fitting the lower half onto the star very easy. The sweet doggy and penguin are colored with alcohol ink markers. The sentiment is printed from my laser printer and backed with a slip of SU's Night of Navy. 





Ingredients:

CS: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb, Gina K Pure Luxury 110lb, Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Night of Navy (under sentiment), Seaside Spray (ice)

Stamps: MFT Warm Hugs & Frosty Kisses 

Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Stampin' Up! Smoky Slate (ice patch)

Dies: MFT Warm Hugs & Frosty Kisses, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders

Alcohol Ink markers: Copic B41, B45, Dick Blick cool grays

Glimmer effects: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl, Clear Wink of Stella on trees

Embellishments: Stampin' Up! Elegant Faceted Gems

Challenges: MFT Sketch Challenge 557, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Kat Scrappiness September Challenge, Clever Dexter Challenge 21, Color Throwdown 658

8 comments

  1. Thanks for joining us over at the Clever Dexter Challenge Blog. We think your cleverly concocted creation is awesome. All the best!
    --- DT - Gina Ang ---

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all lead to this wonderful card and I m glad that you shared this wonderful creation with us. Thank you for entering our challenge. Hugs, Kinjal - DT Clever Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project!
    Thanks for taking part in the Clever Dexter challenge.
    I hope see you again.
    Good luck,
    Roberta DT Clever Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Love how you put the images in the star. Thanks for sharing with Kat Scrappiness September challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!
    Thank you for playing along with us this month in the Clever Dexter Challenge - DT Irene - Clever Dexter Challenge

    ReplyDelete