Pink and Purple and Rose All Over

September 16, 2021

I was thrilled to have my card chosen by the Color Hues Color Challenge as the winner of their 24th challenge with my Coral & Turquoise card. As a result, they have graciously asked me to be the guest designer for challenge #26. Pink and purple are the challenge colors, and they are not just for unicorns and Disney princesses anymore. When I think of these two colors, I think of flowers. My husband loves to grow flowers in our backyard and lilies in our koi pond and they are most often pink and purple. I recently purchased a gorgeous 6x6" background stamp from My Favorite Things called Roses All Over Background. It is stunning, and a big departure from the adorable animal stamps I know them for. It is not new in their catalog; I've simply never seen it until recently. I stamped this on watercolor paper with Versamark (I got the best results from putting the paper down onto the stamp and pressing) and then heat embossing in white. I used only 2 of my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to put the color down. Then I used a water brush to spread it onto the rose pattern, even blending a little here and there. 

To let the beauty of the stamp and the colors shine through (and to not stray from pink and purple), I kept the sentiment short, sweet, and black and white. It needed more than a stamped phrase, but not much more. I don't yet own any script dies (soon, I promise), so I used my Silhouette. I used the Silhouette's offset feature to get the black background. I pop dotted everything off a white background and I was done. The card will fit into a 5.5" square envelope. 






CS: Gina K Pure Luxury Heavy Weight 110lb, Canson XL cold press watercolor paper, Bazzill Licorice Twist

Ink: Versamark 

Die: Silhouette used with font Bigfat Script from Fontspace.com 

Embossing Powder: Taylored Expressions Fine Detail White Embossing Powder

Watercolor: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in Lilac 080 and Pink 025; Pentel waterbrush with largest tip

7 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I now want to get my roses background stamp out and make this too! Great to have you joining us at Color Hues this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said before but so worth repeating...You did an outstanding job with our colors. I too am thinking about all the different flowers I could have used. Thanks for being with us and really hitting it out of the park, Janet! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet your card is stunning snd you watercoloured the floral image beautifully! I think using your Silhouette for a sentiment is perfect and so customizable! We were so happy to have you as our guest designer this week at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, Janet! I love the watercolored flowers with these colors. So very pretty! So happy to have you as our Guest Designer this week at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp too, these large flower backgrounds need nothing more than the treatment you used to shine. I have been tempted but so far I've not seen it for sale in the UK, but I haven't been really looking. So happy to have you GD with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, you rocked this design! I love your card so much and it's even better when I recognized a stamp from my own stash - being used brilliantly! We are so inspired by having you for our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your roses all over background was a perfect choice or this colour combination! Absolutely stunning card! So thrilled to have you guest designing with us!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete