Poinsettia Greetings to You

November 13, 2023


You might be the same as me on this. Sometimes I see a card so beautiful and perfect I just have to copy it. Last October, Barbara Schiassi @barbarayaya, one of Tim Holtz's amazing makers, created a poinsettia card using his Tree Rings 3D Embossing Folder by Sizzix and Holiday Brushstrokes #3. I just adored it. Since I had just gotten his Tree Rings 3D folder and I had his Festive Bouquet die set, I decided I wanted to make some Christmas cards using both, sort of mimicking her design. 



Using Tim's Distress Kraft Heavystock, I embossed a panel with the Tree Rings Folder. Next, I misted the paper with Frayed Burlap Distress Spray Stain. Then, I used a domed foam blender to ink the raised areas with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, moving in circles and sort of avoiding the center. When it had dried a few minutes I misted on Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Spray. 



The Festive Bouquet poinsettia is cut from many different pieces of cardstock, almost all textured. I'm afraid I can't name the colors, but they are all most likely Bazzill cardstock. They were all in my stash. It took quite awhile to assemble the poinsettia bouquet for my cards -- and I only made 7 of these!! Before I adhered the bouquet down, I used Ranger's brand new Sparkle Texture Paste on a few leaves of the flower. It was super easy to work with and that process went really fast. I matted the entire thing on a Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake cardbase. Next I used Taylored Expressions Modern Holiday stamp set with black Memento ink on a piece of vanilla cardstock and die cut it using Stampin' Up!'s retired Stitched So Sweetly die set. I adhered this and I was done. 

Post a Comment